Monday, December 24, 2007

Just wrap it up and slap a bow on it

Sorry for the negativity I displayed in my last blog. Had a moment and now it has passed. I started my week long chemo today and it went smoothly. I must share my experience with my doctor which was.......interesting.

I had an appointment at 8am this morning. I live 2 hours away, so an 8 am appointment with two girls is a challenge sick or not. I got out the door at 6am, proud that we will be on time and when I went to start my car, it would not START!!! Ok, so I will be a little late, that is fine. I yelled at my car, thinking it would respond to my anger, but that did not work, so I had to take the truck. I like the truck for short trips, but driving 160 miles round trip is like throwing money out the window, but what choice did I have. I went to put gas in the never ending tank and began the journey with my girls shoved in the 2 inch space that they call a backseat. They did not mind b/c they were so tired.

Got to my dr's appointment ON TIME, I know, I had another proud moment. I think I was driving too fast b/c I don't cruise control, but oh well. When the doctor came in the first thing out of his mouth was "I am so pissed off at you!" "I can't believe that after everything I did for you, you would do such a thing!" He was talking loudly and threatening. I just opened my mouth and was like "What the %$^#?" What did I do? Last time I checked, you were the one pumping poison in me and wanting to except it with a smile. I admit freely that I am a hypochondiac and he goes, "This is not the time to bother me with you mild ailments. You need to stop being a hypochondriac and just expect not to feel well. I am going on vacation and I do not want you bothering the doctor taking my patients with your hypochondriac ways. Just learn to deal with it." Ok, first of all, what the hell are you talking about? Second, you are my bleeping doctor and are suppose to be there for me and Thirdly, I called the on call doctor ONCE in the past three weeks, which is good for a hypochondriac and it is because I passed a clot the size of my HAND!!! If something that big came out of your penis, I think you would be calling someone too.

Now I know you are dying to know why an onocologist would treat a patient like a piece of penguin poo. Well apparently someone told him my husband and I were seperated and in the process of a divorce. I started to cry b/c I was like, "Did Steve say he was leaving me?" and the dr. was like "No" Supposively, the social told the RN that Steve and I had communication issues, which we do, but last time I checked all married couple or dating couples have communication problems. How the hell did he turn that around to us being seperated and divorced and WHAT IS IT HIS BUSINESS IF WE DID??????? I don't know, but this Dr. felt like shit when he found out he heard it wrong and quite frankly I am glad he feels bad. I turned him in to his boss, b/c I felt an urge of evilness and I don't want him to do that to another patient. His RN and the social worker came down and apologized for the miscommunication and I told them I didn't care about the miscommunication, but I do care how he presented himself to me. It was unprofessional and this is coming from someone who still sleeps with her baby blanket and thinks pooping and farting is funny.

That was my fun day in chemo. I know you are jealous of my excitement. I drove home and now I am typing. I want chex mix so I think I may go make some. MMMMM!!! I need to get milk, but I am mad at my car so I think it is best to just stay away from it. :)\

Have a Happy X-mas

3 comments:

nat said...

Wow. Since when does anyone's marital status factor in to their medical care? I am stunned - absolutely stunned. That was absolutely not called for no matter WHO you were or weren't married to... I am sorry you were treated so poorly, and you absolutely should report it to the "higher ups".
I hope that you and your daughters have a very happy holiday!

koneill1976 said...

I'm over it now. I actually went out to buy them all thank you gifts. Pathetic huh. I still try to fix everything. I hope you had a great holiday too. My bestest friend is down from Erie, PA to take care of me this chemo week and steve's mom has the girls for the week. Talk to you soon, stay strong!!!!!!

tina FCD said...

That is weird!