Friday, December 7, 2007

First week of Chemo done!!!!!!

Today was great. Had more snow and the girls had another snow day, but the roads were better than Wednesday. At the hospital I sat next to the window which is away from people and it was so boring! I noticed my psychological problems acted more today too with no one to keep my mind of things. I felt great till the last half hour which I think is normal for me. Then, I start to cloud up and feel overwhelmenly tired.

Tonight I just feel bloated and icky. My kids are not helping any because they keep fighting and I keep telling them to chill and they are just all over each other. I guess my husband has set up a party tomorrow night which should be exciting to me since I will probably just be a bump on the couch, but it will be nice to see people so I will not look down on it.

My eyelashes began falling out this morning and now my eyes are constantly watering and burning. My nose hairs are falling out too which is making snot just drain from my face. Great visual, huh. If you read this and are healthy, appreciate it, because this is crap that I thought I could handle, but I can tell when more of my hair falls out or if I do become sicker, it is going to be a difficult process to deal with. Especially with Steve leaving back to Iraq this week.

1 comment:

nat said...

OK
Please please contact a cancer center, or the American Cancer Society in your area. They have volunteers, and other support services that can HELP you in this. You can't do all of this on your own. It is not good for your children or yourself. Google those above terms, and please call them. Also, the chemo nurses should have some information as well - or other patients in the hospital.
I am glad that you get a break now from it - but you can't keep everything bottled up to be strong for your family. You need to talk to someone - cancer support centers can help with that too - even over the phone.
I am so sorry you are having to go through this.