Friday, December 7, 2007

Chemo day 4

Spoke some earlier of my morning of twisted tummy trouble so I won’t go on anymore about that. Tomorrow is my last day of constant chemo for 2 weeks, which is too exciting. More of my hair is falling out, along with my bloating and skin coloring I am sexy. They actually make shirts that says chemobrain that I have to get because I have it BAD!
I met a woman today who is my age and has cancer all over her. She had both her breasts removed along with her ovaries. She is on her third dose of chemo in so many years and is now on a breathing machine. She is so funny and has such a great personality that her fighting spirit gives me inspiration. She is shopping now on the little internet computer they have at each cubical. Telling me her story and what she has gone through with surgeries, healing, more surgeries, more chemo… I will suck up and drive on with my issues. It is a real experience that have been shown to me. I met two other older people today who have been battling cancer for years and are beating it. They, too, have great personalities and just felt horrible that I have to go through this at such a young age. I am just thankful that it was caught early and have a big chance at surviving it will no chance of recurrence.
We had some humor today. It is nice getting those sarcastic people like me in here to make the time go by quicker. One of the patients told the nurses that they pump us up with fluid on purpose to watch all of us migrate to the bathroom with our eyes bugging out. Then they started talking like a golf announcer while people were going to the bathroom. It was funny, but I guess you have to be here.
I have 25 minutes left then I am out. I started feeling better again about an hour ago. I think my mornings are just going to suck and I am going to have to work through that. I found out that Steve is going back to Iraq on Thursday and I have to deal with that. I am just shocked that the Army will not let him stay with me during treatments. I also found out that there is not a closer hospital that has room to take me so I am stuck driving the 2 hours to Columbus which is icky. I can probably drive here fine, but driving home is where I am going to be nervous. About an hour from here my eyes fog up briefly and I can not see. I do not feel comfortable driving if my eyes are doing that. I don’t know what I am going to do being alone and have to deal with all this, but it will work out somehow and I will move on.

No comments: