Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 2 Chemotherapy

I woke up this morning feeling great. I was rested and went right in to my yogo routine. I had a positive outlook that if I felt this good in the morning, I will take a crappy night now and again. Today I am getting a pik line in. This is a permanent IV that is slide through the vein so I won’t get stuck anymore. Then I get another 4 hours of Chemo! Yea me!
I know you want read about my pik line experience so I won’t keep that from you. It was not bad at all. The thought of having a foreign object in me was a little creepy, but the nurse that did it was awesome and I did not feel anything. Not even the shot. Yes, you get numbing shots then I did not watch the rest, but the procedure lasts about 30 minutes and they take an x-ray to make sure that line is not going into the heart and you are done. Since I had time on my hands, I went ahead and had a living will made and power of attorney, which I think is good to do at any age.
Today at chemo was better. I am getting my third type of med today called Bleomycin which they did a test on my arm to check for allergies and it stung like a bee sting. I have not been in that much pain since birth. Well maybe sooner than that, but who knows, I do have a pretty high pain tolerance which I thank the pit bull for that almost took my life back in 1999. Anywho, that nausa med snuck up on me again and made me dizzy, but did not last long. All other meds so far are fine. I have the icky med going in me right now and I have not had the reaction that I had yesterday, so I am thankful to that. I just sit in this chair for 4 hours and stare at people. They do not even have tv's in here. It is sooooo boring!!!! I am still enjoying my energy and waiting for it to go away. Getting chemo all this week, I am sure by Saturday I will be wiped out. I have that new med going in, in about a half hour or so, so let’s see what effects I have from that. J I hate being a hypochondriac, but maybe in the long run it is good.
Just after one day I am already LOSING MY HAIR! And I am bloated in the face from the steroids, so I look weird, but actually I don’t care as much as I thought I would. I am fighting for my life right now for my kids so I don’t care what people think.
Home now and feeling fine. I made dinner and have the energy to post tonight. I hope I have more nights like this and less of the bad ones. We are getting our first snow storm of the season tonight, which I find exciting. I just hope that I can make it to my appointment tomorrow. If anything happens then I will post about it tomorrow.

1 comment:

nat said...

I stumbled across your blog searching for ovarian cancer. You have been through a whirlwind. You may want to check out the site 'hystersisters.com'. It is a hysterectomy website, but also has a cancer concerns area for those of us with ovarian cancer.
Hang in there- it is a rough time, but we are the stronger for it.