Sunday, January 6, 2008

happy birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday, so I am now finally 32. Since my last chemo treatment I have been more sick and tired than before. Nothing sounds good to eat and I feel like I have the flu. Last night I ran a fever of 99.4 which was freaking me out b/c I know if it gets to 100 degrees I have to go the hospital. All day today it has been teetering in the 99's, but I have been keeping tylonel in me and just resting. Tomorrow I start school, I hope, if i am not running a fever. Nausea has been intense this time around too and the pills they gave me don't seem to do anything. I am beginning research on my cancer since it is so rare. I sound dumb I am sure, but I don't think it should of happened. The research I have done so far states that ovarian cancer should not happen if it does not run in the family (it doesn't), if you are vegetarian (I am), if you are on oral contraceptive (have been since I was 12). I am overweight which could of wacked something and the tumor I had thrived on hormones (which is why I think the b/c did it). I am no doctor and I know cancer can hit anyone healthy or not, but my gut tells me it is from on outside factor like my birth control Yaz. I may not find anything, but I love research and I am going to find everything I can about germ cell tumors to better educate myself and others.

1 comment:

nat said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry that this one wasn't memorable for the right reasons. But believe me, all your remaining birthdays will be wonderful in comparison!
There is a lot of information out there. It is good to arm yourself with all of the knowledge that you can - as you are your own best advocate!