Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Another chemo week

I am on day three of my week chemo and I am still having the nausea. they have me on three different nausea meds and I can't believe that I still feel icky. I am sitting in my usual chair procrastinating doing my homework. The IT guy came down and got my wireless working so I doubt I will get to my hw. :) this is more interesting. I only had my rash for one day so far and that was the first day. I found how to rid of the nasty slimy taste in mouth if anyone is interested. Drink a slushy. It has worked for me and hopefully it will work for others. I haven't lost my taste or smell yet and I am wondering if it is my slushy doing it. I may of found a cure. :)

I am trying to get back on my vegetarian diet. Can you believe I haven't lost any weight? I thought that would be a perk of this, but guess not. I have been craving weird things that I haven't eaten in like 2 years like Coke, Taco Bell, meat, processed cakes. I haven't eaten any of that in like a week and have cut myself off of fast food. My sodium and sugars are up which I know is from the chemo but I know my diet is not any better.

School is going. I found out that I have to do community service with the elderly. My doc said to stay out of nursing homes and anywhere with unhealthy people including hospice. I am trying a senior center today to see if they would work with me, but I know one of them will not b/c of my condition. I guess they don't want to take any chances. So that may be interesting.

My doctor's appointment on Monday went well. He wants to do one more cycle after this then do the CAT scans on my and blood work. He was unusually nice to me. MMMMM wonder why? I was hoping this would be my last cycle, but I guess I will suck it up for one more. I just feel I am getting sicker with every session. But I am not complaining to them, Ivy my chemo nurse gets to hear my issues. Lucky her!

My friend Adrienne flies in tonight and is going to be with me the rest of the week into the weekend. this is why I need to do my homework b/c I know I won't do it with her here. So I will stop now and do what I need to do.

1 comment:

nat said...

I too wished for weight loss to be a 'perk'. Unfortunately, I ended up gaining about ten pounds. The doc said it was because of the steroids before and during chemo.
Ugh. I felt like the only person to ever GAIN weight while on chemo. ;)

I wish I knew about your slushy cure before - that is a great idea! I sucked on life savers, and put a little fresh lemon juice in my water - funny how even water tasted awful to me.

I hope that you are feeling better!