Monday, February 18, 2008

A taste of normal

My youngest, Lyz, is home throwing up AGAIN! I swear I want to put my house in a bubble and let off Lysol bombs to get rid of this bug. It is just circulating no matter how much we clean and disinfect. I hope she gets better tonight and can go out tomorrow for fresh air and SCHOOL. She is already over her limit for her missing the week of school 2 weeks ago for the same thing. I should just open the windows and air out the house even though it is snowing out and below freezing. Stefani woke with this cough from hell, but is still acting normal so I will not pay too much attention yet. I still have the cough that is in my chest, but I think it is just the Bleo eating away my lungs because I can't breathe in anymore without pain and the doc says my labs look good so it is just a cold. THAT IS LASTING FOREVER!

Anyways, today was great. I felt normal again. I drove to school like a normal person, went to class, made up a midterm that I knew nothing about. Do you know what part of the nervous system activates when are stress level becomes too high? If you do know, don't say anything, because I don't and I actually studied. A little. Then I went to hospice to do my community service for a health class and had so much fun. I am comfortable there, I am familar there because I have done it before and I felt like my old self while I was there. They gave me a project to do that was suppose to last my 20 hours, but I did not want to leave so I just did the whole thing today. They were a little shocked, but now they have to find something else for me to do and they don't know when I can come back in. OOPS. When I got home today, I took a nap and now I am making dinner. I have not done that in months. Yesterday I cleaned my house, BY MYSELF and it took only 5 hours. I was so proud. I hope this is a continuous road because I now know how much I loved my old life and I want it back. I will still slow down on the volunteer work, which is hard because I am already wanting to do all this stuff for the cancer society at my school and the county, but I won't for now. I will finish this up with hospice and see where it goes and then move on with the cancer society.

1 comment:

jeninthedesert said...

I love working with Hospice. With your experience, I bet you would have so much to contribute to a hospice service. Still thinking of you!!