Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hangin in there

It is my second day of last chemo and I am sitting in my reserved chair :) waiting to be done. I have drove myself the past two days because of children with the stomach flu at my house. Yes, they are my kids, but I feel bad because I have been quarentined in my bedroom and they want me. Yesterday in my chair I met 4 wonderful women who were here as long as me and they all had great personalities so the time flew by. Two of the women has had recurrent ovarian on 5 times and the other 3 times. they both had everything taken out, but is still coming back. Despite this they both were funny as ever and one of them worked a full time job still. I was impressed and knew I had nothing to complain about. Today I don't have anyone to chat with. There is a woman who looks my age but she is sleeping. She has bone cancer, so if she can sleep, I am not going to bother her.

We just had pet therapy dogs go through. They are so cute! I want to do that on the side for cancer and hospice patients. Funny since I have been here so much, the SW and RN don't
come see me anymore or call. Guess I am cured :). Well I am procrastinating on my homework, but wanted to let people know so far so good for this week. I just hope my kids get better and I don't get it. or Steve.

2 comments:

nat said...

You are almost there! Almost done!! I am so very happy for you!

Sorry the kids are sick. I know that just makes it harder on you.

Did they let Steve come back home to you? I thought that he was overseas.

nat said...

Just stopping by to see how you are feeling. You are DONE now, right?

Hip hip HOORAY!