Sunday, February 17, 2008

Still here

Well this was an interesting post chemo week. The Friday of my last chemo I had my Pic line removed because they took my blood and my counts were so high that they told me I would not need it anymore. HA! Went in the following Wed. for blood work and I need another blood transfusion and I have to take the white blood count shots AGAIN when I was promised not to have to take them.

Thursday of last week (V-Day and my anniversary) I spent it in the hospital getting a transfusion. On top of this lovely occasion I got a freak stomach virus and began crapping and vomiting out of no where. The pain in my stomach was like an alien trying to rip its way out and no matter how much shit flew out of my ass, the pain would not stop. I flipped over on the floor of the only bathroom in this wing and began hurling. Then the nurse came to ask if I was fine. Yeah, great, don't I look sexy? I was crying and it sucked ass. Lasted an hour, then I was fine. Weird. I got the fusion done and today I finished my shots. So now, I hope I am done till my scan on the 17th of March.

Went and saw the Chipmunks tonight with my girls. Not impressed, but I am not a kid. they said they liked it, but Stef fell asleep, so that should say something right there. In the past month and a half I have been to class 5 times. It is a joke in my eyes of why I am going this quarter. I have a make-up midterm tomorrow and I am here typing this instead of studying because there is no way of me passing when I missed the whole segment. I don't even know what to study. I am just going to skim the chapters. I start my community service tomorrow too at the hospice. I am looking forward to it because it is what I want to be part of anyways. They are putting in charge of a new project they are starting, so that is exciting for them to put that much trust in me, but I have done hospice before that is probably why.

Not much else has changed. I am getting more hair on my head, but losing more eyebrow and eyelash hair. There really isn't any left, but I like to do the combover, its sexy. I saw myself in the mirror today at the movies and I look sick. I never thought of myself as "sick", but I look like crap and there is nothing to do about it, but wait for hair to grow back and my color to come back to my skin. I have fire toes now too. I feel like a superhero because I feel like I can shoot flames from my toes and fingers. I hope it goes away soon since I won't be getting chemo anymore.

must go study, just checking in

No comments: