Friday, September 5, 2008

It's that time again

September 15th is my second cancer check up appointment and I am nervous, as always. My one ovary has been on overdrive and is constantly aching, I am so tired recently and just feel weird (shaky at times and light headed). I have started my periods again which is exciting and I do look good, but I am still nervous for my results. I just have to stay positive.

I began working, shocking, at a government agency and the woman I am replacing is going into surgery on Monday for possible ovarian cancer. She is getting everything out and was very excited to meet me. Granted I only had parts taken out, I had a similar surgery by which I was cut with a C-section. She is active like myself and wants and thinks she can start biking again 4 days post surgery. I told her good luck with that, but who knows. :)

I am happy right now with life. My youngest, Lyzzi, won Most Outstanding Female for Southeast Ohio and is attending a dinner in her honor on the 25th. We get to dress up and she gets another plaque. I am so proud of her! On the 21st I am going to an Ovarian Cancer awareness walk in Columbus which I am excited about.

I went back to Kansas for a visit with the parents since they would not come here and I am glad I did it. My friend surprised me with Linken Park tickets which was so exciting b/c they are my favorite boys. I stayed for 2 weeks and had to come back home a week early b/c I can not stand watching my parents kill themselves.

Husband is good, still here and is suppose to leave for 8 months again at the end of September if my tests are good to attend Officer Training School for the army and then we will be moved somewhere.

I hope everyone is doing well and I will post how my results are and how my new friend does with her surgery. Think of her this Monday and put in good thoughts!

4 comments:

Kia Taylor said...

Hi!

Just read your blog. Good luck with your test. I was diagnosed in October 07 at age 33, so we've got something in common. Best wishes...

kia

nat said...

I'll be thinking of you on Monday! I know how stressful the waiting can be.

Congrats to Lyzzi! That must make you so proud.

I'm glad you went to see your family, even though I know they frustrate you. :(

I look forward to hearing about your good results on Monday!

Shirley said...

What about our night...looking at the stars, making airplane noises.

Call me after your appt.

nat said...

Hey

How did it go? (fingers crossed!)