Wednesday, September 17, 2008

6 month check up

Went to my check up and my markers were still low so that was a relief but the doctor's wording freaked me out. He wants to see me in 2.5 months and then wants to see me a month after that with further testing. I asked what these tumor markers check and he said it only tests the type of cancer i had which is a yolk sac tumor. The tests checks my pregnancy level and he does not check my CA-125 which I do not understand. He said that it is a waste of money to order a battery of tests and he keeps the price low by only ordering what is necessary. I appreciate that if i was paying out of pocket but my insurance covers everything so why not order the CA-125? I have been having pains in my right side which is my one ovary and he told me to monitor it and he will keep close tabs so in case it comes back it will be caught early. I don't understand but he is a well known doctor so I will put my trust in him. I was just hoping to be cleared in some way but now I am more paranoid than ever. I think my sugars are messed up too because of my light headedness and weird feelings if I eat too much carbs or not eating for a long amount of time. I am suppose to give my body a year to recover from chemo. I did start walking a mile a day so I hope that will do something somewhere in my body. :)

For now I am going to live life to the fullest and appreciate everyday I have with my kids. No need to worry about crap that has not happened yet. I am interning at Job and Family Services right now so hopefully this turns into something and I can finally start a new chapter in my life.

1 comment:

nat said...

You can put your trust in your doctor, and STILL demand a CA125 test! ;) Listen to your body, and don't let anyone discount any pains you are having. A CA125 is not an expensive test, and you are worth it - if only for your peace of mind.

I love your attitude to live life! Keep it up! You are so right, it is a waste of time to worry about stuff that hasn't happened yet.

Thinking of you!