Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thankful

Had my scan and it showed I am clear of masses in my belly, chest and pelvis. I do have something weird and unexplainable on my liver, but they are going to watch it. My doctor thinks it is fatty tissue, so I am going to stick to my low-fat, vegetarian lifestyle and abstain from alcohol until I know what it is. I also have what looks to be ONE gallstone in my gallbladder but they are not going to worry about it. I thought gallstones traveled in pairs at least, it must be a lonely stone. I have my next appointment in June.

I am having difficulties going back to my healthy lifestyle. I know it was hard to start with 2 years ago, but I did not think it would be that big of a deal. I do not want another salad and I need them. I ate salads everyday before my cancer and now I don't want one. It is weird. I am finally over my craving of sugar, so that is good and I don't crave pop anymore. Maybe eventually I will crave onions, garlic and peppers again. For now, I do not have any except tuna fish.

Went hiking yesterday with my girls. Thought I would die, but it proved to myself I am still in shape. I hiked for 2 hours up and down steep inclines, stairs, etc and I did it with no problems. It was exciting. Afterward me and the girls went for a bike ride and I was pumped, in pain, but pumped. We played outside last night until Steve came home and then crashed. It was a great day.

1 comment:

nat said...

Stupid livers - why can't they just play nice? :) I'm so glad that you are clear! My liver has some fatty infiltration too, that I also think has to do with chemo.

I am so glad that you are hiking and doing all that stuff! I am just starting to re-energize. I have to do something to get this post chemo weight off. Who knew cancer and chemo would cause weight gain. Ahh steroids...

Hopefully good weather is on the way for both of us.